One day in my pursuing of the internets I came across another crock-pot meal! Yup - I love them (if you haven't caught on by now!) This one promised to not be pretty....and it was right (but who needs pretty at home if it's yummy in your tummy?!)
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced (I sliced mine about ½ inch thick)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 pound chicken, diced into chunks
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Grease crock (I used a 5 quart). Lay potatoes in bottom.
- Place chicken on top.
- Cover with onions, carrots, and pepper.
- Sprinkle each layer with salt and pepper.
- Slice butter into pieces and lay on top of everything.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Yield: 4 servings
This was YUMMY! But I felt like it needed something else with it. When typing this up - I realized her pictures had an added vegetable...my carb loving self would choose brown rice. But overall - yum!