Another recipe from Laaloosh!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (96/4)
- 10 oz whole wheat orzo
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 26oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare orzo according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While orzo is cooking, spray a large skillet with nonfat cooking spray, and set over medium high heat. Add in beef and cook until mostly cooked through.
- Add in onions, garlic, oregano, cinnamon and salt & pepper. Sauté until onions are tender and beef is cooked all the way through.
- Pour tomatoes into skillet with the beef mixture, and cook, and turn heat to medium. Continue to cook, while stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Toss beef sauce with orzo and place into serving bowls. Top each bowl with 1 tbsp of feta.
My main squeeze really liked this - I thought it was a great weeknight dinner because you can make it so fast. Next time I'll probably add green peppers or mushrooms.